10.4.8 Ministry of Cultural Affairs
The Ministry of Cultural Affairs is responsible for holding events
within the city, and generally keeping the morale of the citizens high.
Those holding this office are encouraged to come up with innovative, fun
events for citizens. If they are successful, we may support them with
Aside from unsupported events, this Ministry is responsible for any
Arenas that the city owns.
The commands associated with the Ministry of Cultural Affairs are as
CITY SANCTION [HERE|vNUM]
- Without modifiers, lists the Sanctioned rooms of your city.
- Costs 1,000,000 gold
- Sets a room as a Gathering Place, wherein people will not grow tired or
hungry. There must be 4 or more people in the room for it to kick in.
- Maximum of 3 Sanctioned rooms per city
CITY UNSANCTION [HERE|vNUM]
- Unsets a Sanctioned room.
Note that these commands will only work on an Arena owned by your city.
ARENA SHOW <arena>
- Lets you see information about an Arena. For instance: ARENA SHOW
HASHAN would show Hashan's Arena, assuming it had one.
- See the end of this help file for an example SHOW.
ARENA SET <arena> FULLNAME <name of Arena>
- This lets you rename your Arena's full name. This does not affect the
name that is used for these commands, but the long name, e.g. The
ARENA SET <arena> FEE <fee> [optional: PER LEVEL]
- With this, you set the fee that your Arena will charge people. If you
do not include the words 'per level' at the end, the fee you set will
be a flat fee that will apply equally to everybody. If you include 'per
level' then the fee you have will be multiplied by the player's level.
You will end up netting 1/3 of the total fees the players pay, as the
winner gets 2/3 of the fees paid, at least in the case of Duels.
ARENA SETUP <arena> ALLOW <organization / player>
- By default, your Arena will be able to be used by anyone in the case
of the various events. Doing this will limit the next event to
whichever organizations (cities, orders, clans, guilds) you specify.
You may also specify individuals. You can allow as many organizations
and individuals as you like.
- In order to select an Order, use the name of the God.
ARENA SETUP <arena> DISALLOW <organization / player>
- If you've already set someone or some organization as allowed, this
will reverse it.
ARENA SETUP <arena> MAXLEVEL <maximum level>
- Only those whose level is equal to or under the maximum level will be
able to participate in the next event.
ARENA SETUP <arena> MINLEVEL <minimum level>
- Only those whose level is equal to or greather than the minimum level
will be able to participate in the next event.
ARENA RESET <arena>
- Resets an arena. Kicks everybody in it out and clears off any event.
ARENA WITHDRAW <arena> <amount>
- Withdraw gold from an Arena.
ARENA DEPOSIT <arena> <amount>
- Deposit gold in the operating account of an Arena.
ARENA TRANSFER <arena> <amount>
- Transfer gold from the Ministry of Culture into the Arena.
CHANGETEAM <arena> <player> <team>
- Changes the team a player is on in a team free-for-all.
INIT <event> <arena>
- Initializes an event in an Arena. You will want to do any SETUP
commands on the Arena first. Example: INIT <event> <arena> MODS <mods>.
All players who can participate in the event will see a message offering
them the chance to join.
- Possible events are, providing your Arena is equipped with them:
freeforall, baitgame, freezetag, bloodbath, teamfreeforall, survivor
- Possible mods are: knockout, runes, class-pick, gods, lockdown, drunken
brawl, flux, maggots
- In the case of Survivor, you will need to INIT SURVIVOR <arena> <difficulty> MODS <mods> if you want mods.
START <event> <arena>
- Begins an event. Example START BAITGAME DELOS.
END <event> <arena>
- Prematurely end an event. ARENA RESET also works for this purpose.
Below is an example of what ARENA SHOW displays, and what each field in
Name: esterport Basename: esterportarena
Fullname: the Fields of Valor
Staging: ESTERPORT_ARENA_3 Spectator: ESTERPORT_ARENA_2
Gold: 15765456 Owner: none
Lifetime: 42021984 Fee: 3 (per level)
Total Events Held:
Duel: 6250 Free-for-all: 275 Team FFA: 18 Bloodbath: 56
Survivor: 18 Baitgame: 4 Freezetag: 4 Territory: 0
Duel Free-for-all Freezetag
Maggots Flux Drunkenbrawl
Max level: 85 Min level: 40
- Indicates what name you have to refer to the Arena by.
- Not relevant for mortals.
- The proper name of the Arena.
- The god names for the rooms that are the Staging and Spectator for the
Arena. Not very useful for a mortal but there for the sake of
- The amount of gold currently in the Arena's account.
- The owner of the Arena.
- Lifetime earnings from that Arena.
- The fee to use the Arena. It will specify whether it is a per level
or a flat fee.
Total Events Held
- Keeps track of the total number of events of each type that have been
held in that Arena.
Events and Mods (Modifications):
- What events that Arena is able to run, and what modifications, if any,
- The current event.
- Various properties particular to that event.
- The players currently in that event.
If you wish to purchase new addons for your arena, please consult your patron. The prices for buying new arena games are as follows:
Free-for-all: 4 million*
Team FFA: 4 million*
Bait the frog: 2 million
Freezetag: 2 million
Bloodbath: 3 million*
Survivor: 3 million
Teamduel: 1 million
Territory: 3 million
Hide & seek: 2 million
Modifications and their associated costs (if you have rank 7 in the Commerce ylem tree known as Battlegrounds).
Unlock Duel Event
Class-Pick Pick ANY class in the arena 1500000 1000 6000
Runes Buffs spawn periodically 500000 200 1200
Gods Everyone has 25 to all stats 250000 100 600
Lockdown Arena becomes one room big 150000 100 600
Drunken Brawl Everyone steadily gets drunk 100000 50 300
Flux Direcalled every X seconds 100000 50 300
Shuffle Pill curing orders are random 75000 50 300
Rigid Less limb damage, no pre-restore 75000 50 300
Maggots Everyone turns into a maggot <free> 50 300
* If your arena already has FFA, Team FFA or Bloodbath, then adding any of the others from those three will only cost you 1 million gold.
For those who have invested within the Commerce research tree: you are now able to purchase modifications that can be applied to your arena events, increasing the value of your arena. Once purchased, they can be applied with the following syntax: INIT <event> <arena> MODS <mods>, or CHALLENGE <target> MODS <mods>. Note that adding modifications to your arena match increases its usage cost.