Aetolia is once again accepting applications for new Celani in the Pools of Creation. If you’ve ever felt the urge to take on more of a dungeonmaster role, or enjoy the idea of creating new quests, getting involved with events, and telling interactive stories, this could be the perfect role for you!
Celani is a volunteer position where you help shape the world of Aetolia in various ways, including (if you want to of course) eventually taking on a roleplay position as one of our Gods. It’s a heavily team-oriented role, whereby you will be expected to support other members of the team in various projects and/or events, as well as working through a series of your own projects and tasks aimed at teaching you the ropes of how to work autonomously in the Pools environment, including how to use our scripting language.
To be a great Celani you need to be self motivated, enthusiastic, creative, willing to embrace a challenge, and above all, have a deep love for Aetolia and a strong desire to contribute to the world. Strong writing skills are a must (see below), and the ability to take constructive feedback is essential — many ideas get rejected in the search for the perfect suggestion, and everyone’s work is scrutinised in order to ensure a high standard of writing quality.
Equally important is a willingness and ability to collaborate with a team. The Pools is an extremely collaborative environment and “lone wolves” don’t tend to do well.
For this round, we are primarily looking for “building and content” Celani, specifically those who are interested in quests, area design, building, making NPCs, as well as telling stories, assisting with events, and helping create things to support various projects.
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
– You must be 18 years or older IRL.
– You must have, at absolute minimum, at least 500 hours of playing time.
– Be willing to sign an NDA and give up your character for the duration of your tenure.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Your real name.
2. Your real age.
3. Your occupation (or course of study if you’re a student).
4. Your character(s) in Aetolia.
5. Why you think we should make you a Celani, and perhaps eventually a God.
6. Why you want to be a Celani, knowing that you will need to cut ties with other players.
The above point is perhaps the most important of all when considering becoming Celani. Potential applicants should seriously consider their ability to detach from existing social networks and establish new ones in a different environment. Specifically, this involves leaving any Aetolia-based Discord servers, or Discord servers where Aetolia is a frequent subject of discussion. While it can be difficult, this level of separation is essential to a good transition into the team and is something we take very very seriously.
7. Any special experience you have outside of Aetolia that you feel may be useful in a Celani postion.
8. Two flawless room or denizen descriptions of 80+ words each. Please be sure to have read HELP STYLE before submitting these. Do not skip this!
9. A brief outline for two original and interesting quests. These can be situated in an existing area or a hypothetical new area. I’m looking for more than simple fetch or killing quests here.
10. A skill message in the game you find boring, made more interesting!
Applications will remain open until Sunday 3rd September. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have about Celanihood or the application process!
Penned by my hand on Quensday, the 17th of Haernos, in the year 511 MA.