Written by: Razmael, the Synthesist
Date: Friday, September 30th, 2016
Addressed to: Everyone
Aetolia is once more accepting applications for new Celani in the Pools of Creation. This is a volunteer position where you can help shape the world of Aetolia, with the potential to eventually take on a roleplay position of one our of Gods. There are many tasks expected of you as a Celani. Some of these are building entire areas, constructing and running events, engaging in roleplay, creating scripts for NPCs and plenty more!
If you feel you have what it takes to make the cut, then read on and follow the instructions for applying! Please note that this is a VOLUNTEER position, and during your time as a Celani you will be expected to give up your other characters.
We are taking two kinds of applicants this time around:
* Those who are interested in building and running events.
* Those who are interested in eventually becoming a coder.
Both roles will cover the same basics, but will have different projects for promotion.
Successful applicants for both roles tend to have the following skills:
- A love for Aetolia and a desire to enrich its world.
- Improvisational skills.
- The ability to handle critique and rejection. Many of the ideas you will propose will be rejected, whereas ones you see to completion will suffer the critique of your fellow Celani/Gods and, perhaps more terrifying, players.
Successful applicants for a BUILDING/EVENT role tend to have the following skills:
- Strong roleplaying ability.
- Impeccable writing skills.
Successful applicants for a CODING role tend to have a strong background in programming. Due to the complex nature of our codebase, we typically expect you to at least be studying (or have studied) programming at a Tertiary level, or equivalent experience.
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years or older IRL.
- You must have, at absolute mininum, at least 500 hours of playing time.
- Be willing to sign a NDA.
You must send your application to email@example.com and include the following:
1. Your real name.
2. Your real age.
3. If you are applying for a coding position, or an events/building position.
4. Your occupation (or course of study if a student)
5. Your character(s) in Aetolia.
6. Why should we make you a Celani, and perhaps eventually a God?
7. Why do you want to be a Celani?
8. Any special experience you have outside of Aetolia that you feel might be helpful in your position as a Celani.
Those applying for a BUILDING/EVENT role should also include:
9. Two room descriptions of at least 100+ words.
10. A brief outline for an IC event, roughly 100 to 200 words in length. This should be of the scope of something you'd typically see in an events post.
Those applying for a CODING role should also include:
9. A paragraph or two outlining your coding background, what your language proficiencies are, as well as any other skills you feel that you bring to the table (*nix admin / SQL etc.).
Applications will be open until the 10th of October. We have a limited number of positions to fill, so if you don't make it, don't be too disappointed! Hold onto your application and send it in next time we open applications.
Penned by my hand on Closday, the 21st of Midsummer, in the year 461 MA.